Dr. Daniel Amen
is America’s most popular and well known psychiatrist who is double board-certified. He has written several books and articles, and he has received rave reviews from many trustworthy and respected professionals and organizations. He is also the founder and director of the Amen Clinics, and he is a New York Times best-selling author, in which he became the best-selling author nine times. Some Personal Aspects
Dr. Daniel Amen was born in 1954. He is married to Tana. He has four children, and he has five grandchildren. He is also a spectacular table tennis player.
Dr. Amen’s clinics are located in San Francisco, CA; Newport Beach, CA; Atlanta, GA; New York City, NY; Reston, VA, and Bellevue, WA. His clinics contain the world’s largest database that include functional brain scans relative to behavior. These scans total nearly 90,000 from patients who are from 111 countries.
The Amen Clinics offer medical services for people suffering from different brain disorders, such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and others. A single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) will be used to identify what the sub-categories are concerning these disorders. He also perform studies on brain injuries of professional athletes, and is the consultant for NFL’s post-concussions.
His Beliefs and Work
Dr. Daniel Amen believes that brain health is essential to all success and health, and is therefore, committed to improving people’s brains and lives. He also has teamed up with Pastor Rick Warren, Dr. Mark Hyman, MD, and Dr. Mehmet OZ, MD in being one of the main architects of the “Daniel Plan” at the Saddleback Church. This is a program that lasts for 52 weeks, and their focus is to make the world healthy through the religious organizations.
Dr. Amen has other accomplishment as well that include the following:
1. He hosted, written, and produced nine popular shows, which talked about the brain.
2. He authored and co-authored over 30 books, seven book chapters, and 60 professional articles.
3. Several of his scientific articles were published in prestigious medical journals.
4. He appeared in movies called “The Crash Reel”, and “After the Last Round”.
5. He appeared in Emmy award winning shows, such as the “Dr. Oz Show”, and “The Truth About Drinking”.
6. He spoke at distinguished scientific and medical organizations, such as the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Harvard’s Learning and the Brain Conference.
7. His work also appeared in numerous reputable shows and magazines, such as 20/20, BBC, Newsweek, and Time.
Follow Dr. Amen on Twitter